Fixed remote avalanche control system (RACS) based on exploding a propane/oxygen gas mixture inside an open metal tube.
This reference solution for preventive control consists of exploders (tubes) positioned in avalanche starting areas and connected by pipelines to a central gas unit (shelter or mini-shelter).
Functional ADVANTAGES :
EFFICIENT: « for complete control »
- Proven over 25 years in 18 countries.
- Available 24 hours a day, regardless of weather conditions and without special preparation.
- Various exploder sizes available to match the type and shape of the area to be controlled.
- Completely self-contained (power and gas) throughout the winter season, with no limit to the number of shots.
- The explosion occurs above the snowpack which is considered the most effective method.
- Rapid implementation: 2 minutes per firing, including its confirmation by seismometer.
SAFE: « to control the risk »
- No explosives to handle, no human intervention in the avalanche area to be made safe.
- No management of unexploded charges (duds).
- No limitation associated with storing or replacing consumables
- System fully remotely operated, can be installed in very inaccessible sites.
SIMPLE: « for a profitable investment »
- Readily available consumables (short and long term) at low cost (propane and oxygen).
- Training and approval requirements are minimal due to lack of explosive use.
- Complete range of systems, adaptable to the specific ground condition and morphology of the site.
- No polluting residue produced by the explosion.
"With 24/7 availability and remote control operation, Gazex®/Gazflex® systems will ensure timely, effective avalanche control which reduces the likelihood of destructive avalanche events and allows the work to be conducted in a safe operating environment."
- 3 sizes with volumes and explosion capacities available: 0.8 m3, 1.5 m3 and 3 m3
- 3 models available: Gazflex®, Gazex® Inertia and Gazex® Standard
- Comprises a drum and an elbow, consisting of galvanized and painted steel
- Supplied in heliportable modules weighing less than 750 kg
Central Gas Unit:
- 2 models available :
. Shelter: made of glass-fiber reinforced polyester resin without metal reinforcement, with thermal insulation between two skins
. Mini-Shelter : made of laminated panels fastened to a metal-coated and painted steel frame
- Self-contained power supply :
. Electrically powered by 12 V, 100 Ah gel battery, recharged by regulator and solar panel
. Other power supplies possible
- Remotely operated by radio, GSM or GPRS link
- Operated by Gazex® Manager software (manual control possible)
- Qualified to –30°C
- Integrated weather station (temperature, wind speed and direction)
- Monitoring of pressure in the gas cylinders and battery voltage
- Preventive maintenance integrated in the Gazex® Manager software
- Seismometer confirmation of firing
- Developed to comply with European CE Directive